- Mercy Heart Hospital Overview
- Risk Factors for Heart Disease
- Find a Heart Specialist
- About Us
- Chest Pain Center
- Mercy Heart Failure Clinic
- Mercy Heart Rhythm Center
- Valve Clinic
- Heart Surgery
- Rehabilitation Services
- Risk Prevention Programs
- Iowa Heart Center
At Mercy, patients are able to take advantage of the latest, leading-edge therapies—including new drugs, medical devices and surgical procedures.
Iowa Heart Center surgeons perform 1,200 heart operations annually – more than two thirds are coronary artery bypass grafts (CABG). This is more than any other group in Iowa, and gives patients the highest level of both experience and expertise. Minimally invasive techniques are used whenever appropriate, including off-pump bypass procedures on a beating heart, and endosaphenous vein harvesting.
Common heart surgeries include:
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Heart valve repair or replacement
- Robotic Mitral Valve Surgery (PDF)*
- Ross Procedure
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery
- Off-Pump coronary artery bypass
* PDF documents require Adobe Reader.