- Job Opportunities
- Job Opportunities - Internal
- Job Opportunities - Home Health Services
- Job Opportunities - Mercy College
- Job Opportunities - Patient Financial Services, Patient Access or HIM
- Physician Employment
- About Mercy
- About Des Moines
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Mercy Medical Center. Due to the sensitive nature of situations encountered in a hospital setting, Mercy has implemented an extensive screening process which includes, but is not limited to:
- Attending an hour-long Informational Session to learn more about the application process, hear about volunteer opportunities and receive application materials;
- Completing a background check, interview, health review and orientations;
- Being at least 16 years old; Volunteer placements for high school students are currently full. Therefore, applications are not being accepted for this age group at this time. Please continue to check the volunteer website for updates.
- Committing to a regular shift for a minimum of six months; and
- Reading the Guide to Becoming a Mercy Volunteer.
To register for an Informational Session, please call (515) 247-3246 or email email@example.com
Volunteering at Mercy Hospice or Bishop Drumm Retirement Center or Mercy Hospice does not require attendance at an Informational Session or completing the standard process.
- If interested in volunteering at Mercy Hospice, please contact (515)
- If interested in volunteering at Bishop Drumm, please contact (515)