- Mission & Values
- Mercy Leadership Team
- Mercy Fact Sheet
- Mercy Medical Center - West Lakes
- Mercy Facilities
- Mercy Affiliate Hospitals
- Mercy Quality Data
- Mercy ACO
- Mercy Events
- Maps, Directions & Parking
- Classes, Screenings & Tours
- Mercy Foundation
- Social Media
Mercy Medical Center — Des Moines, located at 1111 6th Avenue, is bordered by 6th Avenue to the west; 2nd Avenue to the east; University Avenue to the north and Laurel Street to the south. There is easy access to Mercy from several directions. Click the links below for driving directions to Mercy.
From Interstate 235
Interstate 235 runs through Des Moines, providing direct access to Mercy Medical Center.
- From I-235 Eastbound—Exit I-235 at 7th Street. Drive across 7th Street (one-way southbound) and 6th Avenue (one-way northbound) and turn left (north) onto 5th Avenue. Mercy is two bocks ahead on your right-hand side.
- From I-235 Westbound—Exit the interstate at the sign that states 2nd, 3rd, and 5th Street exits. Follow the exit ramp straight ahead to the stoplights at 5th Avenue. Turn right and Mercy will be two blocks ahead on your right-hand side.
From Interstate 80
Interstate 80 runs north of Des Moines. On I-80, take the 2nd Avenue exit and head south to University Avenue—approximately four miles. Turn right onto University Avenue. Go four blocks to 6th Avenue and turn left. The main drive entrance to Mercy is one block ahead on your left-hand side. Laurel Street is one block further on your left.
* PDF documents require Adobe Reader.