- Mercy Women and Infants' Center Overview
- Choosing a Mercy Hospital
- Mercy West Lakes
- Birthing Unit
- Mother/Baby Unit
- Getting Ready for Baby
- Childbirth Education Classes and Tours
- Mercy Lactation Consultants & Information
- Little Miracles Lactation Boutique
- Pregnancy Health Center
- Patient Stories
- Special-care Services
- Web Nursery
- Maternity Triage and Treatment Unit
- Perinatal Center of Iowa
- Variety Club Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Mercy Stork Affair
- Women & Infants' Center Virtual Tour
This state-of-the-art facility is located in Mercy Medical Center – Des Moines’ East Tower and is comprised of Labor & Delivery, a Mother/Baby recovery unit, the Maternity Triage & Treatment Unit, 24-hour Wellbaby Nursery and the Variety Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Mercy Women & Infants Center Services and Amenities
- Provides care for both low- and high-risk pregnancies, deliveries, postpartum and newborn care
- Handles delivered before 37 weeks of pregnancy
- Provides neonatologist support during delivery
- Has a dedicated Maternity Triage & Treatment unit for pregnant women experiencing complications and/or early labor
- Offers a 44-bed NICU to care for the most vulnerable patients
- Employs nurses trained for specific areas of the birthing process, including labor, delivery and post-partum recovery
- Secure newborn nursery is available 24 hours a day
- Offers lactation and breastfeeding consultation and support while you are still in the hospital
- Little Miracles Lactation Boutique can sell or rent breast pumps and check with your insurance to see if they are covered
- Offers newborn photography from the comfort of the recovery suite
Get your free, no-obligation packet of birthing information today!
To request your FREE packet of information simply contact us today! Be sure to provide your name and mailing address in your request.
* PDF documents require Adobe Reader.