- Mercy Heart Hospital Overview
- Risk Factors for Heart Disease
- Find a Heart Specialist
- About Us
- Chest Pain Center
- Mercy Heart Failure Clinic
- Mercy Heart Rhythm Center
- Valve Clinic
- Heart Surgery
- Rehabilitation Services
- Risk Prevention Programs
- Iowa Heart Center
Mercy Heart Failure Clinic
The Mercy Heart Failure Clinic is designed to provide a comprehensive approach to meeting the specialized needs of adult patients and families with heart failure.
The clinic is dedicated to:
- Educating patients and families about heart failure and treatment.
- Improving quality of life for heart failure patients through an education program that focuses on nutrition, fluid balance, medication management, exercise, evidenced-based medical therapies and referrals to support services.
- Incorporating patients in the development of their care plan and respecting their wishes as to the care they receive.
- Reducing hospital re-admissions and the overall costs of care for patients with heart failure.