MCL Client Services representatives are available to assist clients with questions regarding specimen collection requirements, courier services and result report delivery options. Technical questions may be referred to specific department personnel or to a pathologist. MCL Client Services can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (515) 247-4439. The toll-free MCL Client Services phone number is 877-263-1622.
MCL supplies the necessary items for specimen collection and transport to MCL for laboratory testing. To place an order, complete an MCL Supply Order form and either fax it to MCL Client Services at (515) 643-8832 or send it with the courier. Supply orders may also be called to MCL Client Services.
Technical Consulting Services
Mercy Clinical Laboratory offers comprehensive technical services that can be customized to meet the needs of the clinical laboratories at our MCL Client sites. Our experienced Medical Technologist is available for a number of support services, including:
- Cost analysis for instrumentation
- Laboratory analysis of instrumentation, test kits, equipment, & test menu
- Calibration verification of centrifuges, thermometers, and timers
- Proficiency Testing Program enrollment
- Laboratory Procedure Manual development
- Quality Control set up & management
- Provides Education/Training In-services for competency requirements
- Assistance with CLIA or COLA certification paperwork
- Preparation for CLIA or COLA inspections
- Reviews Monthly or Quarterly maintenance checks of quality, employee competency, instrument function, based on CLIA or COLA guidelines
- Provides an excellent resource for laboratory related issues
For more information about cost, availability, or to discuss a service design for your specific needs, call Teresa McDonough, MCL Outreach Services Supervisor, at (515) 643-2701.
Anatomic and Cytologic Pathology Services are available through Pathology Associates of Central Iowa, PLC. Our pathologists are available for questions and consultations during regular business hours and can be reached at (515) 247-3114. After hours, the on-call anatomic and clinical pathologists may be contacted by calling MCL Client Services at (515) 247-4439.
MCL has several locations for drawing blood or dropping off specimens for laboratory testing. The Patient Service Centers are located at Mercy Medical Center campus in downtown Des Moines, Mercy North in Ankeny and Mercy West in Clive. Your patients may choose the draw station that is most convenient for them. No appointments are necessary. Ample parking is available at all of the sites. A brochure of the MCL Draw Stations is available from MCL Client Services.
Courier services are offered to MCL clients. Timed routes have been established to best accommodate our clients. If you need to request a pick up, please call MCL Client Services at (515) 247-4439. Couriers will pick up specimens at a designated location in your facility. Please help keep our couriers on schedule by having the specimens packaged with the completed test request before your designated time.